Header

Sunday 30 March 2014

Mother's Day Eponymous Reveal

Happy Mother's Day for all the mothers celebrating today.  I did very well in the pressie department, lots of handmade things, fudge and vouchers, lunch out and I am off work until Wednesday, so I am happy...

Monet Water Lilies before you ask x
Yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day with my mum, so that meant, um... handmade gifts, chocs, vouchers, lunch out... like mother like daughter!  But I also got to take a secret project and my finished Hadley quilt for a photo shoot in my parent's garden, so everyone was a winner!

So... ta dah!


This quilt has been a long time waiting to be finished; when the top was super speedy and with my concerted effort this week, I could have had it made on about 3 days if I had tried harder!


The colours are a little more vibrant than the end-of-day shots show.  You can just about pick out the straight-line quilting, I stitched corner to corner, then filled in each quarter with parallel chevrons about 1.5" apart.

It really is a rich and grown up looking quilt, and I think the orange binding gives it a little twist...


Thanks goes out again to the Dear Stella team for couriering me the collection after I suggested that they really should, seeing as they had named it after someone with the same name as me!


Full details...
Fabric - Hadley collection - Dear Stella
Pattern - Gypsy Shawl - Jane Brocket - The Gentle Art of Quilt Making
Additional Backing - Klona Rose
Pre-wash 70" x 70"
Piecing - Aurifil 2021 50wt
Quilting - Aurifil 2430 50wt and a little Gutermann to finish.


And this is my last FAL finish this quarter, leaving me only my MATO, so that's a bonus on top of a lovely finish.

Tomorrow is an Inset Day, so we are hoping for some more family fun times, and I am aiming for a little Sizzix action too; you know I'm sure to report back what actually happens xxx

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous quilt, bet your mum was thrilled with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so gorgeous and so nice of the Dear Stella team to know some fabric after you!!!! Enjoy the inset day and Happy Mothers day to you too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous Mothers Day and a finish! Red letter weekend. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damnit, I want kids if they give you days off work like that! Mind you, I saw the inset bit at the end, so it looks like you need to spend time with them, that's unfortunate... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha to Katy's comment! Enjoy your days off! Love the Hadley quilt, I'm on the look out for "benta " fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got some spoiling! Your quilt is a beauty! Well done! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish, Hadley. Have fun today and belated Happy Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rich colours in the quilt. It is lovely to be able to photo out of doors too, happy spring at last. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how wonderful that they sent you some fabric as it's called the Hadley Collection! What a fab job you did with it too! I hope this one's for keeps...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing quilt Hadley, well done! Sounds like you had a great Mothers Day too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray for lovely finishes and a day celebrating the mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am behind, your quilt is lovely, the quilting is perfect for it. And what is an inset day, is that some kind of made up holiday like some of the Canadian ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is lovely and it does seem very grown up. Maybe it's the colours? I have never met or heard of another Hadley so the fabric must be named after you. What is an inset day? I have never heard of that. WE just have public holidays for horse races in Australia.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx