Header

Monday 3 March 2014

Posy Pillow*!

* only because Posy Cushion doesn't sound so good!

A slow burner this one, it must have been forever ago that I started basting the DWR pieces from Jessie's shop.  But I have finally finished my pretty little Posy cushion, and I am way too impatient to wait for a more photo-friendly day...


I used some mini-charm packs for both the DWR and for a panel of the background.  It adds a little interest, and meant I could also centre the little Miss and her book on the FQ I had.  I used a couple of solids for the back, I remember not what they are, but they are a flukey near match for the Posy tones, and I used some of my Hadley bundle for the perfect binding.


Fusible fleece on the front panel, and some heavier weight cotton to line the whole cushion, and quilted horizontally in the usual!  It is about 16" square, and is stuffed nicely with an 18" feather insert.  Comfy, I expect - no-one is allowed to lean on it just yet!

So another FAL finish, which just leaves me with the 2 full size quilts.  Let's see if I can get one done, because there is no way the MATO is going to be finished this quarter, or maybe even the next!

28 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Glad to see I'm not the only one still sewing with Posy - I've literally just been at my sewing machine putting together a Posy quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its gorgeous Hadley. Now you need to do a matching quilt:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty, adore the colours! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty little cushion. Makes me want to sit cross legged in the grass and read... maybe not today, but in July or August. You know what I mean. It's a little spring heart skipper of a cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cushion, well done on your FAL progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's beautiful!!! Love your no leaning yet policy. Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Gee! there are a million pillows out there, but this is so so cute! I know I'll make one similar! Thanks so for sharing yours! Happy Stitching!

    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a gorgeous cushion. And one that looks like it took many hours of work too! I hope you are keeping it for yourself??!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it....I've made this lovely cushion..now don't touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just gorgeous. I love the background fabric - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous Hadley, what a great use for mini charm packs too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah you finished it! So pretty! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty - are the twins not fighting over it?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. soo pretty Hadley! I love it in the posy fabrics :) ah I'm so glad you put the DWR pattern to good use!! I started on a full size DWR quilt a couple of weeks ago use the paper pieces too, I've not done one arc yet!!? I think you've got the right idea with a cushion size :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i would happily cuddle this cushion. Posy is one of my favourite lines and I still have some that I am saving for a day that I am brave enough to cut into it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yey well done- do you always bind your cushions? Do you do it by machine? Questions are because I have never used binding on a cushion and am thinking about trying it, should be easier than doing piping any road!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are all pillows to me. It is very pretty, a wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pillow. I am so into the various techniques for DWRs. Did you applique the pieced rings onto the whole cloth? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Posy pillow is beautiful.
    I agree that posy cushion sounds wrong.......a bit like 'fanny pack'......I want to snigger like a kid every time I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful and such a great use of mini charms - I knew my addiction to them was for a reason ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous - sweet and cute , reminds me a summer's day

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx