Header

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Prepped and ready...

I crossed a couple of things off my To Do list today, keeping myself occupied with the help of a little skiver so-called poorly child, who, 10 minutes after pick up at 9.30am, seemed as right as bloody rain!

So first I made the binding for Terri's quilts.  As far as I know, the tops are still in block form and then need to be quilted, but I am ready!



Then I made the next additions for Jude's Brit Bee Medallion, but I forgot to take any pics, but as they are secret anyway, no biggie.

And although I have the MATO applique at the ready, I feel a little lost when I don't have a bunch of EPP on the go; so I sizzixed into yesterday's bundle and a dozen complementary prints, mostly Liberty, including my first quilty fabric purchase from the V&A exhibition in 2010!


I am not sure what these will become yet, whether I will stick with my usual random, or make pretty flowers, I cut 8 hexies of each print to keep my options open, and time will tell.  I am just happy to have some basting to keep my fingers busy.

So until next time dear folks; it'll be Random Thursday, and if the sedative hasn't worn off, you can probably expect something a bit more random than usual!

19 comments:

  1. Best of luck tomorrow, my friend. And I should be getting Terri's blocks from her in a couple of Saturdays. Then I just have to wait for the other four. Then, and only then, can I piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking of you often tomorrow, love. Take good care of yourself. The binding is absolutely amazing and you can't go wrong with a bit of EPP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope tomorrow goes well for you and the *poorly* child returns the favour of being looked after!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything goes well tomorrow, looks like you have your side of the bargain sorted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you're such a tease! I'm totally digging b&w binding at the mo! I'd say your whole day tomorrow will be pretty random! Thinking of you! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, way to get ahead of the game on the binding :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the B&W stripey binding - your hexies to be look so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well today, will be thinking of you :-)
    Love that binding btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thoughts and prayers with you my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. that seems to be a universal ick that kids get. It's amazing how bugs can tell the time ;-)
    Good luck with the procedure xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have binding envy!
    Keep on keeping on and take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I've had a few of those 'poorly' children in the past! Every time I see your hexies I think I must get mine out...I have loads but never get around to using them. I have given lots to my daughter in SA and she is happily joining them together when she has time. Yours do look really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the look of those hexies. As for sedation. I wish they'd give it me regularly I felt on top of the world after :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just seen this Hadley. Good luck I'll be thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best of everything to you. By the way, love that cute little pouch your hexies are in. Would love to see it all, but maybe you've done that before and I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recently bought a Sizzix machine for my birthday and love it so much. It is so quick and easy to use, i can't believe how much time it saves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you've been up to a spot of hand sewing today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My Dad always said we felt better as soon as the school bus drove past. My kids have never tried it on me! They regularly tell me they need a rest day, but they get told bad luck. I've never had them act so sick I've believed them, unless they actually were sick. Tough Mum, I am.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx