Header

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Swings and Roundabouts...

Today has been full of mood swings, about-turns and back tracking.  Taking the good with the bad.

Most importantly my consultant confirmed that with a cocktail of pills and a diet more suited to a 3 year old, I should be able to get my stomach acid and associated pain under control and on the mend at last - wish me luck!

Before my hospital appointment I took a detour via The Eternal Maker, buying some necessary Aurifil and pink Sweetwater Sunkissed gingham, and maybe not so necessary, but couldn't be left on the shelf, yarn dyed Essex Linen...



And finally I have a cushion ready to finish binding.

On the flipside, I spent about 3 hours trying to get the binding on the aforementioned cushion with a velvet backing.  You can only imagine the mess, fraying and swearing that accompanied the unpicking, seam ripping and thread pulling that went on there.  I was not happy.

But after chopping off the offending backing and binding, it took about an hour to totally remaster a new back and get the binding on, but now I have a smile on my face.

So no pain no gain is probably my mantra of the day, but the gains totally outnumber the pains for a change, long may it last xxx

18 comments:

  1. Does this mean you can't eat flapjacks at our next get together?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velvet has a mind of its own! Glad you have a health strategy now - hope it works! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh velvet is a bit of a P__ to sew.. Did you use the walking foot? It does help, Or a roller foot if you have one of those. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gingham is delicious! Fingers crossed the new regime works X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics, I too had a day of mood swings but that could just be my age! Hang in there for the win, Hadley :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. argh! velvet!!!!!! Glad to hear about the diagnosis (although I'm sorry about the extremely boring diet!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am delighted to hear the good medical news, Hadley. That's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're brave with a velvet back. My 3yr old gets to regularly eat Jaffa Cakes, so maybe it's not all bad?! So pleased that you've had a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your 'special' diet, I hope you are allowed a treat of some kind occasionally. How wonderful to live the The Eternal Maker. I would love a shop like that nearby although it could end up being rather pricey if I popped in too often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad there's a plan! Let's hope you soon feel a vast improvement :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw dude! I'm chuffed there's a resolution of sorts but hope your kiddy food isn't too terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too am pleased to hear you have a coping strategy for your health issues, hope you soon feel the benefit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My special diet, aka 3yr-olds - lol -- is what keeps me functional so I can work to support my sewing habit.
    It's a lot of work to learn how to make it work for you -- and your family.
    Hopefully, the symptoms will decrease, allowing even more sewing time.
    I'm happy you found some answers.

    And it's the tail end of a full moon for the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good if you can get your stomach pain sorted out - even if food offerings not what you'd choose. Glad that you got your cushion back sorted out in the end - velvet is horribly tricky to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What, fish fingers and ships all the way? Hope you get sorted soon anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. good you are getting sorted and you are brave tackling velvet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great news about the stomach pains, hope its not too much of a palaver re the diet change. Love those fabrics

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx