Header

Sunday 3 August 2014

So quiet!

We have never woken up in our house without at least one of the kids being here, so today was a total treat on the ears!

But rather than make the most of the peace at home, we headed out early to a boot fair, (minus the nagging and wanting that normally occurs!), we picked up a few bargains, including a new/unused tent for £5!

We then went into Brighton for a wander and lunch; total beard-ville, fortunately there weren't any Mr Twits in my eye-line in GBK!

Home to a silent garden, and then I turned yesterday's fabric selection into a nice tidy pile of pieces for the next EEP project


I am going to resist temptation and save them for holiday; tomorrow I will get Ange's Stitch Tease blocks done, then I have my sights set on some more hand piecing, I am relishing the quieter, slower pace of life xxx

10 comments:

  1. Would you like to borrow my girls whilst your children are away? Would hate to think that things were just too quiet for you! Well done for managing to do some non-sewing things today and for bagging a great camping bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the peace for the minute- It is lovely when you know they will be back! It is when they are all grown up and gone that you will really miss them... though that is not all bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the quiet and had a nice day with your guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you're loving the peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh enjoy :-) We have had 11 weeks of school holidays now and I am so ready for my kids to be out of the house and back at school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying the empty next then! enjoy the rest of the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silence in the house...oh I envy you lol!! Looking forward to seeing what you make with your EPP beauties. I've got mine ready for hols too :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the silence gets boring I can send you my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah those no kid days are like a little slice of heaven. Then they return and all he'll breaks loose. But it's the best kind of noise.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx